Tuesday, January 3, 2012

CHRISTMAS EVE ATTIRE

Dress value village, Shoes ross, Ring aldo, Earrings target

Taken before we left for Canada, this is my outfit worn to Chris' family Christmas Eve dinner. I have had this dress for some time now, and it has sat, unworn in the back of my closet. So sad, considering how beautiful this dress is. I bought it in Canada at one of my favorite thrift stores, value village. It is a thrift, department store full of wonders and delights!! This dress is a french connection dress and I think I bought it for around $15...umm how great is that!!
Soooo when Christmas Eve came around, I knew that I needed to snatch up the opportunity to wear it. I was a tad over dressed but I was completely fine with it. After all, I am learning to wear what I want to wear when I want to wear it, and it is liberating...for me and for my un-used clothing that are finally getting the chance to see outside the walls of my closet.
I kept everything else simple around my dress. Its giant sequins definitely steal the show.
I tend to stick to the same hairstyle for fancy events...curls...or half up curls...or top knot. So I tried to branch out with a fancy braid (note to self...invest in some clear elastics)
I teased my hair at the crown then pulled it half up and twisted and bobby pinned. Then I did a french fish tail braid. The braid helped make the dress feel a little Grecian.

We are still in my home land, which sadly to say is quite warmer than desired...not much snow...sad face.
But we are enjoying it all the same.
I'm not sure how many more posts I will be doing while in Canada, but you can expect to see me back on here in full tilt by the second week of January.
Have a happy Tuesday everyone, thanks for reading!!







No comments: