Tuesday, October 23, 2012

cozy leather

Sweater goodwill, Shorts kohls (similar here), Shoes kohls (similar here), Necklace forever 21 (similar here)

Good Morning!
I hope you all had a good weekend! The hubby and I filled our house with fall! We went and cut the perfectly colored leaves and I put them in a vase and also in a wreath for the front door. We bought mini pumpkins to spread throughout the house and got a festive candle to keep our house smelling like there is constant baking going on!! I love the feel that this season brings, so cozy!
It finally has started to rain here, which I have been very patiently waiting for (as have the rest of the town in our three digit "fall" weather) This year I held myself off from the desires for layers and pants and boots and found ways to stay cozy despite the warm weather.
This look is an example of that. I wanted to transition into the fall trends but I needed to keep cool. So with these camel leather shorts and chunky-oversized sweater, it does just that. I keep my outfit in the autumn colors, staying neutral and earthy and add texture and depth with the chunky knit. The mixing of the textures is on point too as that is a look to go for in the cooler months.
I had the pleasure however of wearing layers and boots yesterday, it was glorious and I felt so fall! So thanks rain for finally making your way and I look forward to styling for the cooler days ahead.
P.S. this weekend I also spent time taking pics to catalog a couple of different outfits that I have missed in the past, so bare with me as the layers aren't piled on quite yet!
Have a good one
Thanks for reading!!




No comments: