Sunday, October 16, 2011

POLKA DOT'S

Dress H&M, Skirt forever 21, Belt H&M, Shoes forever 21, Tights walgreens, Watch target, Ring H&M

I bought this dress a little while ago from H&M, I was a little concerned with the length of it, wondering if it would be too short, but I just couldn't pass up its 50's vibe and it's sweet polka dot print. It did end up being a little short to wear on its own (I experienced a night out of constant butt checks to make sure nothing was hanging out...) And so today I came up with a solution. I layered beneath it this stretchy cotton pencil skirt, so that it stuck out just enough to ease the lingering eye that might otherwise have cringed every time I moved or lifted an arm. I felt a lot more confident being able to do more than sit in the dress and yet because of the tightness of the skirt underneath, it didn't take any focus away from the dress itself.
I paired it with my oxfords and tights, making me feel oh so fall and the shoes added to the 50's swing dancer  feel.



1 comment: